2017 Armand Zimmerman Scholarship
Application deadline: Thursday June 1, 2017
To the applicant:
The Connecticut Drama Association is pleased to honor Mr. Zimmermann, a pioneer and guiding force in the early days of the Connecticut Drama Association, by sponsoring an annual scholarship to help graduating high school students who are pursuing their dreams in the various aspects of theater: performance, design, stage management, and theater education.
All applicants must:
- Be a graduating senior at a CDA member school
- Complete the Scholarship Application form, including the section entitled "School-Related Theatre Activities"
- Have a minimum C+ cumulative grade average, verified by suppling a copy of his/her transcripts, including the first semester senior year
- Supply a copy of the acceptance letter from the college/university/conservatory that the candidate plans to attend
- Use the scholarship to major or minor in the communicative arts (theater, film, speech, radio, television)
- Students applying for a Performance scholarship must submit a video of an audition that best represents the candidate's abilities. A maximum of five (5) minutes is allowed, during which at least one acting monologue is required. The video should begin with an introduction including the candidate's name, school, performance pieces, and telephone number. This introduction should take no more than thirty (30) seconds. The video must be submitted on a CD/DVD disk.
- Applicants for a Design scholarship must submit a portfolio including sketches, designs, photographs, etc. All portfolios will be returned.
- Applicants for a Stage Management scholarship must submit a prompt book.
- Applicants for a Theater Education scholarship must submit two (2) essays of no more than 250 words, responding to the following:
- Explain why you want to be a theatre teacher
- Discuss what you feel is the most important issue facing high school theater arts today.
Because of the need to submit these other materials, one cannot apply online. Please print and fill in the Scholarship Application form, and send it along with all materials to:Lenore Grunko
41 Kirtland St.
Deep River, CT 06417
Remember to submit:
- The completed application form.
- A copy of transcripts including first semester senior year
- A copy of higher education acceptance letter.
- Appropriate materials required for the specific scholarship.
Finalists and winners will be chosen by a panel of adjudicators and will be notified no later than Sunday July 30, 2017.